At Meadow Oaks of Roseville, we pride ourselves on offering a range of services, from assisted living to respite options and memory care. As April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month, we wanted to take this opportunity to highlight our exceptional memory care services and the important work of our Generations Memory Care staff.
One of our core values at Meadow Oaks of Roseville is providing personalized care for each of our residents, and this is particularly important for residents who are living with dementia and Alzheimer’s. This is why our Generations Memory Care program uses a person-centric approach, which values the whole person first and does not identify them by their disease and behaviors.
Generations offers a range of services, including daily assistance, meals and snacks; access to associates 24/7; family education and support groups; and more. This program also includes six signature programs aimed at celebrating and highlighting the abilities of those we serve.
- Life Story Display: This pillar strives to share our residents’ whole story, honoring their “Story of a Lifetime.”
- Tune Into Me: Research shows music can soothe, stimulate and unlock memories. Through this program, residents tap into their connection to music and create a personalized jukebox, alleviating some of the day-to-day symptoms of dementia.
- Culinary Creations: Here, residents prepare recipes from the past, which focuses on their sense of taste and smell to create an environment for success.
- From Our Generation to Yours: This pillar focuses on intergenerational programming to increase sociability and community.
- Never Stop Exploring: Residents are able to connect with their local community through this program, giving them purpose and human interaction on a larger scale.
- It’s All Right: Lastly, we like to highlight our residents’ individuality, igniting their imagination and encouraging creativity along the way.
Through each of these programs, Meadow Oaks strives to serve our residents as thoughtfully and compassionately as possible. We use these programs to create an immersive environment focused on the individual’s strengths to foster moments of achievement.
Join us this Parkinson’s Awareness Month in amplifying our residents and their caregivers and valuing the WHOLE person.